Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Another Wedding post...



By Tigerlilly Quinn



http://thesometimeszoo.wordpress.com/2010/10/14/celebration-fireflies/
While we are still hyped up about weddings (Will and Kate's fault) I'm gonna have to keep bragging about my dream wedding. Dresses, reception, catering and all the hoopla aside, my attention would rather be on the INVITATIONS! It's a given for any designer to design their own wedding invitation. Heahh-vehhn. The endless ideas, the fact that you don't want it to look like any one else's, the materials, papers, sizes, shapes to the choice of colour - expectations reign high for us designers. But, I did have some thought to it and I'd really opt for a fun, as stated in the previous post, and a cartoony, illustrated, crafty design. Love a hand-crafted invitation. Feels authentic and original. I'm already getting excited thinking about how I'd illustrate it. I might even move away from the printed paper and create a CD. Oh the fun of it all. Anyway, I absolutely fell in love with the above designs. The heart and soul that was put into these is apparent, almost brings a tear to my eye. Yep I think it's more me and hopefully [insert possible future husband's name here] would like it too.

Image credits ~
Invitation 1 2 3 4 5

All images via http://pinterest.com *Warning, highly addictive*

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...